看英国人是怎么“吹牛”的 (中英阅读)freeto(2015/8/5 14:45:48) 点击:
43376 回复:
0 IP:
116.* * * 英国人素以绅士风度闻名,为了礼貌,英国人不得不把white lies挂在嘴边。最新研究证实,英国人平均每天要说谎四次!但是,我们从这些little lies中却可以学到不少短小精悍的地道口语表达。让我们一起跟着英国人学“吹牛”吧!
Researchers found the average Briton tells on average four lies every day or almost 1500 every year。
研究发现,每个英国人平均每天要说谎四次,或者每年约说谎1500次。
A spokesman for OnePoll, which carried out the research of 4,300 adults, said: "As a nation we are obsessed with trying to be nice and not upsetting people。
该研究由英国市场调查公司OnePoll策划,共调查了4300位英国成年人。其发言人对研究结果表示“我们民族太讲究礼貌了,(说谎是为了)不想让别人感到不适。”
"Often little white lies can paper over what we actually want to say. Most of these were considered either completely harmless or tactically necessary depending on the situation in which they are delivered."
“人们说的这些善意的小谎言是为了掩饰我们真正想说的话。大多数小谎言都是完全无害的,或者说这些小谎言是在特定情况下必须用的战术手段。”
He added: "It was sad to see a string of compliments in the top 50, but once again in many cases perhaps it is better to flatter with a fib than destroy someone with the truth."
这位发言人还表示,“在人们最常说的50句谎言中,有很多是恭维话,这不是一件好事。但是,需要再次强调的是,与其说实话而伤害到别人,不如说些可以让人高兴的小谎话,这样做似乎更合适。”
TOP 50 MOST COMMON LIES
最常说的50句谎话
1. I had no signal. (那会儿)手机没信号。
2. I haven't got any cash on me. 我身上没带钱。
3. Nothing's wrong – I'm fine. 没事,我挺好的。
4. You look lovely. 你真漂亮(帅)。
5. Nice to see you. 看到你真高兴。
6. I'll give you a ring. 我会给你打电话。
7. We're just good friends. 我们只是好朋友而已啦。
8. We'll have to meet up soon. 咱们很快会再见。
9. I'm on my way. 我在路上呢。
10. No, your bum doesn't look big in that. 你的屁股看着没那么大。
11. Sorry, I missed your call. 抱歉,我没收到你的电话。
12. I'll give up tomorrow. 明天起我就改。
13. I'm not angry with you. 我没生你的气。
14. The traffic was bad. 路上堵车了。
15. I've had this for ages. 这东西我早就有了。
16. It wasn't that expensive. 没那么贵。
17. This will be my last pint. 就喝这最后一杯了。
18. I didn't get your text. 没收到你的短信。
19. Of course I love you. 我当然爱你了。
20. Our server was down. 我们的主机出故障了。
21. I wasn't driving that fast. 我车开的没那么快。
22. My alarm didn't go off. 我设的闹铃没响。
23. The cheque is in the post. 支票已经寄出去了。
24. You're looking well. 你看起来气色很好。
25. I'd love to see you again. 真想再见到你。
26. My battery died. 电池没电了。
27. It's not you, it's me. 不是你,全怪我。
28. The train was delayed. 火车晚点了。
29. I only have a little flutter. 就有一点儿紧张。
30. I'm going to the gym tonight. 我晚上要去健身房。
31. I don't eat too much – I have a slow metabolism. 我吃不多,消化慢。
32. My watch stopped. 我的表停了。
33. No, I'm afraid I haven't got a spare five minutes. 抱歉,我连5分钟空闲时间都没有。
34. I've got a call on the other line. 那边的电话响了。
35. I'll phone you back in a minute. 我马上给你回电话。
36. I've got a terrible cold. 感冒了,特难受。
37. This tastes delicious. 这东西真好吃!
38. I didn't have that much to drink. 没喝多少。
39. I've been in meetings all day. 开了一天会。
40. I stayed in and had a quiet one. 我就在家呆着,什么也没干。
41. It was THIS BIG. 有这么大呢!
42. I'm working late tonight. 昨晚干活到深夜。
43. I bought the last one. 我买的是最后一个。
44. I'm not ready for a relationship. 我还不想开始一段情。
45. It's just what I've always wanted. 这正是我想要的啊。
46. I'm going to have one more for the road. 再喝一杯就走。
47. I wrote your number down incorrectly. 我把你的电话号码记错了。
48. You look like you've lost weight. 看起来你苗条多了。
49. My car wouldn't start. 我这车打不着火了。
50. I didn't realize you fancied him/ her too. 我不知道你也喜欢他(她)。